My name is Leslie Duncan and I’m excited for the opportunity to represent you as a Kootenai County Commissioner. I am a 19-year resident of Kootenai County and a landowner.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and I ranked number one out of more than 45 cadets in my academy class. I worked for 10 years in law enforcement for both state and local law enforcement agencies in uniformed, undercover, and administrative capacities.
I have served and continue to serve as a volunteer in multiple capacities at our community church for all 19 years as a Kootenai County resident.
For 5 years, I served as an Inland Northwest Blood Center blood drive coordinator.
- On the Women’s Auxiliary Board for Union Gospel Mission’s Center for Women and Children in Coeur d’Alene.
- As President for our local water district board.
- As Chairperson for the Kootenai County Aquifer Protection District Committee.
For several years, I have been familiarizing myself with the county’s operations. My husband and I thoughtfully considered our responsibility to the community and with the support of friends and family; we wholeheartedly believe that this is the time to get involved in local government.
The Commissioner position is an all-encompassing job, more than most residents know. My passions are land use and employee morale.
- In regards to land use, I want residents to have the freedom to use their land in accordance with law and respect for their neighbors.
- Employee morale is related to the service the residents of Kootenai County receive. I want employees to know they are valued and an important part of what happens here in Kootenai County.
I am happy to meet with you and answer any questions you have for me, you can contact me using this form or check out my calendar to meet me at an event. Thanks for visiting my website. Working to win your support.